Roads are set for a major funding injection in Isaac Regional Council’s 2016-17 Budget themed ‘Connecting our Communities.’
Mayor Anne Baker said Council will invest $36 million into new capital, with approximately 56% earmarked for roads projects.
“Our key priority this year is core infrastructure that connects and services our communities, businesses and industry, which is highlighted by our significant investment in roads and drainage.
“Isaac is a region transitioning from the unprecedented mining investment boom, to a community evolving with challenging economic conditions.
“Council has met these challenges head on with a financially responsible plan, which has enabled the general rates revenue increase to be limited to 1% across all residential categories.”
- 2016-17 Budget - Connecting our Communities (PDF 6.86MB)
- 2016-17 Budget Snapshot - Connecting our Communities (PDF 1.8MB)
Budgets from previous years are available on this page.
Budget highlights in your division
- Division 1 Cr Dale Appleton - Glenden and Rural West (PDF 699KB)
- Division 2 Cr Nick Wheeler - Dysart (PDF 711KB)
- Division 3 Cr Gina Lacey - Division 4 Cr Peter Freeleagus - Division 5 Cr Kelly Vea Vea - Moranbah (PDF 860KB)
- Division 6 Cr Lynette Jones - Clermont (PDF 705KB)
- Division 7 Cr Jane Pickels - Middlemount (PDF 711KB)
- Deputy Mayor and Division 8 Cr Geoff Bethel - Nebo and Coastal (PDF 752KB)