Carmila is located at the foot of the Connors Range on the Bruce Highway. Cane growing is the community's main industry and is harvested between May and November.
Camp at Carmila Beach
Carmila Beach is located approximately 6km east of Carmila. It is an unspoilt paradise and convenient three day rest and camping area for all those travelling between Rockhampton and Sarina.
Access to the campground is along 1km of dirt track and the last 300m are sandy and narrow. Facilities include toilets, barbeques, picnic tables and boat ramps.
Carmila Beach is very popular with fishing enthusiasts who trawl through the creeks north and south of this camping oasis.
Overnight camping at Carmila is charged at $10 per night for a maximum stay of 14 consecutive nights.
Payment can be made via the following options, however we encourage campers with access to a smartphone to use the Parkmobile app for payment:
- Smartphone using the Parkmobile app
- Online at www.parkmobile.com.au
- By calling Council on 1300 ISAACS (47 22 27) during business hours
- Over the counter at Council offices during business hours
- Register your details online at www.parkmobile.com.au or via the Parkmobile app
- Upon arrival look for the Parkmobile sign at St Lawrence and Carmila campgrounds
- Enter Carmila’s Parkmobile zone number (80001) displayed on the Parkmobile sign,
your vehicle’s registration number and the number of nights you wish to stay.
Parkmobile offers an SMS confirmation and reminder service once you have paid for camping. This service charges 25c per SMS. You can opt-out of this service under the Parkmobile ‘Settings’ tab on your smartphone.
For more information on paying for camping using Parkmobile please contact Customer Service on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227).
Before cane farming, the Carmila Ranges was known to hold the most unique rainforest in the world. Today it nurses remnant pockets of rainforest abounding with plants, birds and animals of all varieties.