Middlemount is one and a half hours drive from Emerald and three hours from Rockhampton and Mackay. Middlemount, only 30 years old, is a purpose-built coal mining town. Contact your local council office for more information.
Things to do
- Blue Mountain Park: Free barbeque facilities and panoramic views.
- Olympic size pool
- Bundoora Dam: Camping, skiing and fishing the dam has native and stocked fish and facilities include free camping, toilets, barbeques
- and picnic tables. For creek and river fishing, anglers should check out the nearby Isaac, Mackenzie and Connors River systems - all within one hours travelling time.
- Golf: Open to visitors as well as locals, Middlemount hosts two annual golfing events; the Emergency Services Golf Day and its Pro-Am Tournament. For more information contact the Middlemount Golf Club on 4985 7830.
- Race Day: First Saturday in August annually.
- Bowls: Locals and visitors are welcome at the Middlemount Bowls Club. The club hosts two annual classics a year and is open for Barefoot Bowls during regular opening hours. For more information contact the Middlemount Bowls Club on 4985 7525.