Middlemount is one and a half hours drive from Emerald and three hours from Rockhampton and Mackay.
Middlemount, only 30 years old, is a purpose-built coal mining town.
Contact your local council office for more information.
Things to do
- Blue Mountain Park: Free barbeque facilities and panoramic views.
- Olympic size pool
- Bundoora Dam: Camping, skiing and fishing
The Dam has native and stocked fish and facilities include free camping, toilets, barbeques and picnic tables. For creek and river fishing, anglers should check out the nearby Isaac, Mackenzie and Connors River systems - all within one hours travelling time.
- Golf: Open to visitors as well as locals, Middlemount hosts two annual golfing events; the Emergency Services Golf Day and its Pro-Am Tournament. For more information contact the Middlemount Golf Club on 4985 7830.
- Race Day: First Saturday in August annually.
- Bowls: Locals and visitors are welcome at the Middlemount Bowls Club. The club hosts two annual classics a year and is open for Barefoot Bowls during regular opening hours. For more information contact the Middlemount Bowls Club on 4985 7525.