Celebrating Isaac's young-at-heart
Residents of all ages will celebrate the valuable contributions of older people in Seniors Week across Isaac this month.
Clermont, Middlemount, Dysart, St Lawrence, Carmila, Nebo and Moranbah will host various events as part of state-wide celebrations from August 19-27.
Isaac Regional Council Mayor Anne Baker said the week is a chance for all residents to recognise how much older Isaac residents bring to the region.
“The theme for Seniors Week this year is A Queensland for All Ages and there really is something for everyone,” she said.
“We encourage everyone to take part in enhancing community connections and inter-generational relationships.”
Queensland Seniors Week 2017 in Isaac include:
- Free lunch at the Black Nugget Hotel, Moranbah on Friday, August 18 from 11.30am to 2pm.
- Hinterland Community Care Inc brunch at Ausco Stayover Village, Fisher Street, Dysart on Tuesday, August 22 from 10am.
- Free lunch, activities, games and trivia at the Carmila Sports Grounds on Tuesday, August 22 from 10.30am to 2pm.
- Free morning tea at Middlemount Community Hall on Wednesday, August 23 from 10.30am.
- Free roast lunch with dessert, cent sale and more at the Clermont Civic Centre on Thursday, August 24 from 11.30am.
- Free afternoon tea at Nebo Bowls Club on Thursday, August 24 from 2.30pm to 4.30pm.
- Mad Hatters High Tea at St Lawrence Primary School on Tuesday, August 29 from 10.30am.
Seniors Week is funded by the Queensland Government, Council on the Ageing (COTA) Queensland coordinates Seniors Week on behalf of the Queensland Government and receives funding to collaboratively plan, run and subsidise Seniors Week events and activities.
For more information visit www.isaac.qld.gov.au/seniors, phone 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227) or visit an Isaac Regional Council office.
Image 1 (JPEG, 1MB):
The theme for Seniors Week this year is A Queensland for All Ages and there really is something for everyone in Isaac. Pictured is Judy O'Loughlin.
For further information contact:
Isaac Regional Council PR & Media Officer 0428 038 917
10 August 2017