Controlled Hazard Reduction Burn Moranbah
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Moranbah (QFES) are planning to undertake a hazard reduction control burn in the bushland at the rear of Lambert Drive:
Saturday August 12
8am to 5pm (weather permitting)
Properties on the following streets may be impacted by this activity:
Lambert Drive, Hannay Street, Langford Court, Bligh Court, Patterson Lane, Utah Drive and Croker Court.
Council requires all personal materials or equipment stored on or within the designated burn areas to be removed immediately.
Council also advises residents to make preparations for possible smoke hazards and related health impacts.
It is recommend that residents take the following steps:
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke entering homes
- Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
- Retract pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Remove washing from clotheslines
- Ensure pets have a protected area and ample water
- Vehicles must slow down, keep windows up and turn headlights on
- Sightseers must keep away from the controlled burn area for their own safety
- If you have asthma or a lung condition, reduce outdoor activities. If smoke levels are high and if shortness of breath or coughing develops, take your reliever medicine or seek medical advice
A controlled hazard reduction burn off is the best way to reduce the risk of an uncontrolled fire impacting our community. Council and QFES apologises for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation during this process.
If you require further information please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227).
Residents are encouraged to only call 000 if the situation is an emergency or if the situation is life threatening.
GARY STEVENSON PSM
Chief Executive Officer
Posted 8 August 2017