Garage Sale Trail launches in Isaac
Isaac residents are being encouraged to choose to reuse at the nation’s biggest garage sale!
Garage Sale Trail is a multi-award winning sustainability and community campaign powered by local Councils, on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 October 2017.
Isaac Mayor Anne Baker said it’s about bringing communities together and promoting reuse.
“Garage Sale Trail is a unique opportunity for residents to clear out their pre-loved items, find treasure, meet the neighbours and have some fun.
“Council is proud to be actively involved in bringing this national initiative to our region.
“Garage Sale Trail helps people think about how we can all take responsibility for the waste we create.
“Recycling is great but reuse is even better. It extends the life and value of what we buy and takes pressure off the planet’s resources.
“It’s an idea that’s good for the planet and good for community too.
“Connected communities are the happiest, healthiest and most resilient,” Mayor Baker said.
The initiative is run by Australian not-for-profit Garage Sale Trail Foundation.
The event exists to create positive social and environmental change in communities across Australia.
Registration is free and open from today (August 10) at garagesaletrail.com.au
Facts and Figures
- Host your sale on Saturday October 21, Sunday October 22 or do both
- 10,000+ forecast garage sales & stalls nationally
- Isaac is set to join an estimated 350,000+ Australians as a part of the seventh annual national Garage Sale Trail
- Garage Sale Trail is powered by over 150 local Councils and in 2017 has set two major national goals:
- To see 2 million items listed for reuse on one big weekend of garage sales across the country
- To enable 120,000 new neighbourly connections Australia-wide over the weekend long event
Image (PDF, 866KB)
Caption: Musician Josh Pike is one of around 350,000 Australians who support the annual Garage Sale Trail.
For more information please contact:
Isaac Regional Council PR & Media Officer 0417 188 031
10 August 2017