Isaac Region Businesses to Power into Small Business Week
Crunching numbers and thinking digital will see Isaac region’s local businesses empowered during Small Business Week this year.
Isaac Regional Council together with the Local Buying Foundation will see four influential presenters share their expert knowledge across eleven events.
Mayor Anne Baker said these engaging workshops will equip small businesses with invaluable skills.
“Small Business Week is a great opportunity for local businesses to listen to new ideas, network with others and learn how to make their business more successful,” Cr Baker said.
“The events will be held from Friday, May 25 to Friday, June 1 at Clairview, Clermont, Dysart, Moranbah and Nebo.
“Council is committed to supporting and being a strong advocate for small businesses in our region.
“Our small business owners are real people, who work hard daily and I am excited to see this tailor-made program come to fruition.
“The sessions on offer will focus on improving digital strategies, computer and bookkeeping skills, and identify better ways to connect and communicate to customers.
“There are limited spots available, so make sure you RSVP before Monday, May 21 to secure your place”.
Isaac Region’s Small Business Week workshops and events:
Friday, May 25
- Moving Forward/Digital Strategies with Facebook, 8am – 10am, Clermont Central (old railway building), Clermont.
Sunday, May 27
- Intermediate Microsoft Office, 9am – 12pm, Clermont Central (old railway building), Clermont.
- Business Networking Lunch, 12pm – 1pm, Clermont Central (old railway building), Clermont.
- Intermediate Bookkeeping, 1pm – 4pm, Clermont Central (old railway building), Clermont.
Monday, May 28
- Business Networking Breakfast, 7am – 8am, Wetstern Heritage Motor Inn, Moranbah.
- Moving Forward/Digital Strategies with Facebook, 8am – 10am, Western Heritage Motor Inn, Moranbah.
Tuesday, May 29
- Focus on Email Marketing and Story Telling, 8am – 10am, Isaac Regional Council Dysart Office (Training Room).
- Power Session: How to Connect, Communicate and Win in Business, 5.45pm – 6.30pm, Nebo Memorial Hall, Nebo.
Thursday, May 31
- Business Networking Lunch, 11.30am – 12pm, Moranbah Community Centre (Chapel), Moranbah.
- Power Session: How to Connect, Communicate and Win in Business.
Friday, June 1
- Intermediate Level Story Telling: Why we tell our Story, 10am – 12pm, Barracrab Caravan Park, Clairview.
In 2018, Queensland Small Business Week is held Monday, May 28 to Friday, June 1 and aims to celebrate the vital contribution small business makes to Queensland’s vibrant economy.
For more information on Small Business Week in the Isaac region including a full list of events, visit www.isaac.qld.gov.au/smallbusinessweek, call 1300 ISAACS (1300 47 22 27) or visit an Isaac Regional Council office.
10 May 2018