Nebo water mains cleaning - Commencing 9 February 2019
Nebo residents are advised Council will be undertaking water mains cleaning throughout the township as part of its commitment to improve water service quality and delivery.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- Council has engaged contractor NO-DES International to undertake specialised cleaning of water mains in Nebo.
- The NO-DES flushing process involves cleaning water mains using mobile filtration technology that uses far less water than the traditional method of mains flushing.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
- To minimise disruption to households these works will be undertaken:
Between 8.30am – 5pm on 9 February to 10 February
WHAT TO EXPECT
Council will be working closely with our contractor to minimise any impacts of this work on your water supply.
Vehicle access to your property will not be affected although minor traffic disruptions may be experienced. To ensure the safety of motorists and pedestrians, appropriate signage will be in place, where necessary.
The flushing of the water network will remove any sediment and mineral build up on the internal walls of the pipelines, with the outflow filtered and returned to the town water supply.
However, households may notice a temporary reduction in water pressure and/or some discolouration of your water due to dislodged sediment. If discolouration occurs, please:
- Turn on the tap nearest to the ground level (usually an outside tap)
- Allow it run for up to five minutes until water runs clear. Households are encouraged to use this water on lawns and gardens.
REPORT A PROBLEM
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding as this important work is carried out to maintain the quality of your water supply.
If you continue to experience water quality issues, please report it to Council’s Customer Service Centre available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227) so that it can be investigated and resolved.
Gary Stevenson PSM
Chief Executive Officer
7 February 2019