to the 2016-17 Annual Report of Isaac Regional Council (Council) (PDF, 7.8MB). This report details our performance in meeting the strategic priorities outlined in our Corporate Plan Isaac 2020 and provides an analysis of our financial performance.
The theme for 2016-17 was Connecting our Communities and this document demonstrates our commitment in how we are achieving to support a region with vibrant communities, a strong economy, a healthy environment and effective, sustainable infrastructure. Council provides many programs and services to the community and this report details our successes and the challenges faced over the past 12 months to ensure we remain open and accountable to our stakeholders.
This information is relevant to Isaac residents and ratepayers, local business owners, potential investors, community groups, government agencies, funding bodies, and current and potential staff.
The objectives of the Annual Report include:
- Communicating our vision and commitments to the community;
- Reporting on our performance in delivering the Corporate Plan;
- Instilling community confidence in our ability to show strong leadership and deliver on our promises;
- Illustrating our commitment to accountable and transparent government;
- Promote to local, state, national and international stakeholders our vibrant region as a great place to live, work, play and invest;
- Creating sustainability and stimulating the economy by building state and federal partnerships, or obtaining grants or funding for projects;
- Marketing Council as an employer of choice for potential recruits; and
- Meet statutory requirements under the Local Government Act 2009 (The Act).
Independent Auditor's Report
Council’s Annual Report contains a summary of our independently Audited Financial Statements with the full Independent Auditor’s Report on the hard copy attached at the end on disk. The full Independent Auditor’s Report can also be viewed and downloaded here (PDF, 4MB).
Your feedback is welcome
Council hopes you find this report informative and useful and that you will assist us in improving the quality of our reports by providing us with feedback online via our compliments/feedbacks form, complaints form or by contacting us.
View Annual Reports from previous years