Isaac Regional Council is committed to protecting user privacy
We understand and appreciate that visitors and users of this website are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that may be provided to Council.
We will only use personal information collected via our website for the purpose for which it was given to use and/or for related, internal management purposes.
Visitors to our website are not required to disclose personal information. Isaac Regional Council will only record your personal details in the event that you voluntarily and personally supply your information to us, for example by contacting us via email or submitting an online form on this website.
Your details will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided them and will not be added to any mailing lists without your prior consent. We will not use, disclose or distribute your details to any other source, without your prior written consent.
We do not disclose your personal information to other government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You consented to the disclosure
- You would have a reasonable expectation that your personal information would be disclosed
- It is required or authorised by law
- It will prevent or lessen a serious threat to somebody's life or health
- The disclosure is reasonable necessary for a law enforcement activity
The kinds of personal information we collect may include:
- Residential address
- Postal address
- Date of birth
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Photo and video images (e.g. from security cameras at Council-controlled venues)
- Addresses of your property whether owned or leased by you
- Credit card information
- Bank account details
- Driver licence details
- Passport details
Please also refer to Data Protection, Web Privacy and Information Risk Management Policy for how your information is stored, shared and protected.
Although the Council takes care in producing the content, it does not guarantee that the information is accurate, complete, or current, or that the data is free from defects or malicious code such as viruses.
The Council does not accept any responsibility to you if you incur any loss or damage (however it was caused) in connection with the use of any website it links to.
The Council may not have any control over content contained on other websites.
Council's website is managed by the Media and Communications department. Comments posted on this site will be used within the feedback review process.
Isaac Regional Council is the owner of the data posted to the site including demographic and contact information provided by users through forms incorporated within the site.
By using the Site, you consent to Isaac Regional Council using information collected about your use of the site.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of Personal Information
In accordance with the Act, we will not disclose your personal information unless:
- we have obtained your express or implied consent;
- we are required or authorised by law to do so;
- the information is necessary for the Council or a law enforcement agency to perform its functions, duties and activities (including, but not limited to, the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences);
- the disclosure is necessary for research, or the compilation or analysis of statistics in the public interest (in which case your personal information will be de-identified); or
- Council believes that the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health, safety of a person, or to public health, safety or welfare.
We may, in carrying out Council's functions, duties and activities disclose your personal information to:
- internal Council departments;
- elected Councillors and the Office of Mayor;
- Council's related entities which are controlled by Council;
- bodies to which we are authorised or required by law to disclose such information (e.g. law enforcement agencies, the Courts, various Federal and State departments, public sector bodies and government agencies);
- other public or private sector bodies who provide funding to Council in connection with certain Council initiatives or with whom Council partners to deliver certain services;
- to our professional advisers, contractors or service providers who we have engaged or appointed to carry out, or advise us on, Council's functions, duties or activities;
- any parties with whom Council has entered into an arrangement (e.g. a joint venture partner or contractor) for the carrying out of Council's functions, duties or activities;
- any specific parties which we have advised you of at the time the relevant personal information is collected;
- Any other entities, with your express or implied agreement.
The above entities may in turn disclose the personal information Council provides them to:
- third parties to which they are authorised or required by law to disclose such information.
Storage of personal information
Council stores the personal information it collects in secure locations and databases. We take precautions to protect your personal information against loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other forms of misuse.
Some examples of the safeguards Council uses to protect your personal information include:
- password protection on Council computers;
- restricted access to Council offices;
- any Council policies on access to information;
- Code of Conduct;
- regular back up of Council databases; and
- Council policies on the use and storage of data.
Access to your personal information
If you wish to have access to any documents held by the Council which contains your personal information, please contact us. Please note that we may ask you to make your request in writing and provide us with evidence of your identity, and that under some circumstances under the Act or other legislation, we may not be able to provide you with the access you requested.
Council Privacy Contact Details
Contact Person: Governance and Corporate Services Manager
Address: PO Box 97, Moranbah QLD 4744
Phone: 1300 47 22 27
Email address: email@example.com
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We may from time to time make changes to this Privacy Statement. If we amend this statement, we will post the amended statement on our here.
We monitor visits to the Council website to assist in understanding the areas of interest to visitors of our website. For statistical and site design purposes, we make a record of your visit in log files contained on the server. The information we collect about site visits are usually in the form of "cookies". Cookies are small pieces of information (text) which a website can transfer to an individual's computer hard drive for record keeping. Cookies can reside on an individual's machine for a fixed period of time, or expire at the end of an Internet session.
The information we collect on site visits include:
- your server address;
- your top level domain name (eg .com, .gov, .au, .org etc.);
- the date and time of your visit to our website;
- the pages you accessed and documents you downloaded;
- the previous site visited;
- your browser type.
Sending emails to Council
All electronic mail (e-mail) messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or other Council email addresses ending in @isaac.qld.gov.au become part of Council's records and may be retrieved by a key word searchable archive in accordance with the Public Records Act 2002 (Qld).
Your attention is also drawn to the fact that the Council is subject to the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) (RTI Act). Under the RTI Act, persons other than the intended recipient may access your e-mail message.