Service Requests & Complaints

What is a service request?

Any initial concerns you have, or a request for service, should be managed in the first instance by lodging a service request. This can be done by completing the below form or by calling Council 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1300 ISAACS (1300 47 22 27)

When a service request is not addressed within the adequate time frame or has been inadequately addressed, the affected person can ask that the matter be escalated to an administrative action complaint.

Service request / reporting an issue

Matters such as below are not administrative complaints:

  • Animal management concerns (i.e. barking dogs)
  • Vegetation control
  • Pot holes in the road
  • Collection of waste / missed services
  • Water issues

CALL : 1300 ISAACS (1300 47 22 27) or fill out the form below

Administrative Action Complaints

What is an administrative action complaint?

An administrative action complaint is a complaint that is about an administrative action of a local government made by an affected person.

To be an affected person you must be directly affected by the action of Council. Examples of administrative actions include:

  • Complaints regarding how a previous request has been handled by IRC.
  • Requests to review a decision or action made by IRC.
  • Complaints about the way a response has been provided by IRC.
  • Complaints about a decision of Council or a Committee of Council.
  • Complaints about a failure to complete a request for service or provide a decision in the designated timeframes.
  • An administrative action complaint is not a request for information or service request (see below)

Administration Action Complaints Form  Complaints Management Process Policy

You can lodge a privacy related complaint using Council's Information Privacy Complaint Form (PDF, 108KB), see details on Council's Information Privacy Information here

Public Interest Disclosure

The Public Interest Disclosures Act 2010 (the PID Act) aims to ensure that government is open and accountable by providing protection for those who speak out about wrongdoing or in other words, make a public interest disclosure (PID). Making a public interest disclosure is sometimes referred to as ‘whistleblowing'. Reporting suspected wrongdoing is vital to the integrity of the Queensland public sector. Find out more on PID

Make a complaint

If you have a complaint about your local council or a government department, or you don't know how else to sort out the problem, the Queensland Ombudsman is available for complaints to be submitted. View a new information brochure (PDF, 927KB) for all the details.

Complaints Management Process Policy  (PDF, 232KB)

For more information, visit the Queensland Ombudsman website.