Nuisance Animals

Barking dog on path

How to report a nuisance animal

Barking dogs are common nuisance animal complaints to Council. To report a nuisance animal please contact council to lodge a service request.

You will be given a document identification number for your records. A Ranger will contact you for a confidential discussion on the matter and advise you of the process to be undertaken.

Please be aware that due to the provision of a person's legal rights, Council cannot investigate anonymous complaints unless the alleged offence can be witnessed from the street.

Nuisance animals factsheets and more information