Moranbah 50th Anniversary Grants
Community Grants - Speacial Round
In recognition of Moranbah’s 50th anniversary year, Isaac Regional Council is funding a special round of community grants to assist local interest groups and organisations to stage events and activities on the May Day Long Weekend 2020 (Friday, 1 May – Monday, 4 May).
$25,000 has been made available to provide individual grants of up to $5000 supporting events and activities which celebrate the community spirit of Moranbah and reflect the proud history, cultural values, diversity and the lifestyle of the town.
These events and activities will form part of a collective of standalone celebrations coinciding with Moranbah’s 50th anniversary long weekend.
To be eligible for funding, events must be scheduled to take place from Friday, 1 May to Monday, 4 May 2020.
The special grants round will open on Friday 31 January 2020 and close Monday 17 February 2020. Applications will be considered and determined by Council at its February Ordinary Meeting.
- Not-for-profit community organisations who meet all of the following criteria:
- Operate within the Isaac Region local government area.
- Can demonstrate their proposed project or event will celebrate the history, cultural values, diversity and the lifestyle of the town.
- Have appropriate insurance and adhere to sound workplace health and safety practices.
NOTE: If a community organisation is not a legal not-for-profit entity or recognised by the Australian Taxation Office as a not-for-profit type, the application must be auspiced and administered by such a group. The auspicing group will receive payment and be responsible for fulfilling acquittal requirements.
Applications cannot be made by:
- Not-for-profit community organisations who hold a gaming license under the Gaming Machine Act 1991 and where the application is for community facility improvements.
- Employees and Councillors of Isaac Regional Council.
- Government agencies or departments of Local, State or Federal Government.
- Commercial businesses.
Expenses associated with the organising and staging of an event and/or activity which celebrates the community spirit of Moranbah and reflect the proud history, cultural values, diversity and the lifestyle of the town inclusive of:
- Event catering (exclusive of alcohol purchases).
- Temporary equipment hire, including audio-visual technology, marquees and personal amenities.
- Live event entertainment.
- Ground or facility preparation (exclusive of capital improvements).
- Commemorative memorabilia.
- Ongoing operational or recurrent costs such as salaries, rent, fuel, rates, insurance and leasing fees.
- Projects/Events/Activities unrelated to Moranbah’s 50th-anniversary celebration on the May Day Long Weekend.
- Projects/Events/Activities which do not have the relevant Local or State Government approvals
- (Food License, Liquor License, Planning or Building Permit).
- Capital improvements to assets or facilities.
- Development of privately-owned facilities.
- Technology (other than temporary equipment hire.
- Payment of existing debts unrelated to the project, event or activity.
- Political projects / events / activities.
- Projects / Events / Activities run solely for commercial profit.
- Items included and/or covered by another grant application.
- Projects / Events / Activities run solely for the benefit of existing members, without the opportunity for the wider community or visitors to the area to participate.
Council facility use and equipment supply fees and charges will not be covered as in-kind support for grant recipients. Such items need to be reflected as expenses in the applicant’s budget and will be paid upon approval as part of the total funding amount requested. It is the applicant’s responsibility to pay Council’s fees and charges.