The first stage of the $7.1 million Nebo Water Supply Project was awarded in August 2017. The four-stage project is anticipated to be completed in mid-2019.
The Project will deliver:
- A new water treatment plant and connecting pipe work to the bore fields enhancing water quality.
- The construction of a new 2ML reservoir which will improve water security, reliability and firefighting capability.
- Connect two additional bores to the network, enabling six bores to supply the town.
- Works to ensure compliance with relevant Queensland Government guidelines.
About the Project
The essential project will address critical water infrastructure needs in Nebo, enhancing water
security, quality and reliability.
The project will also significantly improve firefighting capability in town.
This investment in critical infrastructure demonstrates Council’s and the Queensland Government’s commitment to sustainable regional
- Further progress at this stage include:
- The connecting main to bore 7 has been completed.
- Installation and equipping of bore 7 is 70% complete.
- Tenders have been called for the construction of new trunk mains to improve connection capacity to the bore field.
Under the Building our Regions Program the Queensland Government provided $3.55 million towards this project, matched by Isaac Regional Council.
To keep updated on the progress of the works, contact Isaac Regional Council on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227).
Proudly funded by the
in association with
Isaac Regional Council