The first stage of the $7.1 million Nebo Water Supply Project was awarded in August 2017. The four-stage project is anticipated to be completed in mid-2019.
The Project will deliver:
- A new water treatment plant and connecting pipe work to the bore fields enhancing water quality.
- The construction of a new 2ML reservoir which will improve water security, reliability and firefighting capability.
- Connect two additional bores to the network, enabling six bores to supply the town.
- Works to ensure compliance with relevant Queensland Government guidelines.
About the Project
The essential project will address critical water infrastructure needs in Nebo, enhancing water security, quality and reliability.
The project will also significantly improve firefighting capability in town.
This investment in critical infrastructure demonstrates Council’s and the Queensland
Government’s commitment to sustainable regional resource communities.
Further progress at this stage include:
- Commissioning of new bore 7 is now complete.
- Bore 7 is now supplying Nebo with potable water. This now raises the number of bores supplying Nebo to five.
- A Development Approval has been issued by Council for the new water treatment plant at 531 Airstrip Road, Nebo.
- Under the Building our Regions Program the Queensland Government provided $3.55 million towards this project, matched by Isaac Regional Council
To keep updated on the progress of the works, contact Isaac Regional Council on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227).
Proudly funded by the
in association with
Isaac Regional Council