67631 - Chef/Cook Moranbah Community Centre, Moranbah
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities. An exciting opportunity exists for a permanent full time Chef/Cook to join our Planning, Environment & Community Services Directorate in Moranbah. Reporting to the Moranbah Facilities Area Leader, this position is responsible for driving the delivery of profitable and efficient catering for functions, events and day to day operations at the Moranbah Community Centre.
The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of, and be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Planning and creating a range of menus for functions and events, managing cost effectiveness and minimising wastage
- Preparing food and catering for functions and events
- Coordinating catering staff for the delivery of functions and events
- Ensuring compliance with food safety and hygiene
- Managing food stock control
- Pre/post event walkthrough with clients, and assisting with the setup/pack up of functions and events
- Providing positive, high level customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Ensuring the safety of people who attend the Moranbah Community Centre venue
The successful candidate must hold a Food Handlers Certificate and must have a current C Class Open Australian Drivers Licence, plus must have the ability to obtain the following qualifications:
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA);
- First Aid certificate;
- Working with Children Blue Card;
- Ability to pass a pre-employment functional assessment and/or behavioural testing.
For this position we offer:
- Salary $54,467.87per annum + allowances
- Subsidised Council Accommodation provided
- Nominally 38 hours per week
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading
- 12% super in accordance with Council Policy
- RDO’s in accordance with Council policy (9-day fortnight)
For more details on this position please contact Karen Montgomery during business hours on Tel: 0419 463 934 or email Karen.Montgomery@isaac.qld.gov.au
To submit your application – please forward your responses to the selection criteria (Item D ‘Key Competencies’ within the Position Description), and resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please ensure ‘67631 Chef/Cook Moranbah Community Centre’ is in the subject heading of your application.
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date
Applications Close: Tuesday 25 February 2020
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers to apply. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.