64501 – Community Education Officer, Moranbah
64501 – Community Education Officer
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities. An exciting opportunity exists for a Community Education Officer to join Isaac Regional Council's Planning, Environment & Community Services Directorate in the Community Education Department, based in Moranbah. The Community Education Officer will be responsible for ensuring the community is aware of the rules that apply throughout the Region and for which Council has a regulatory/enforcement function and the reasons for them, and applying regulatory effort in line with Council Policy to reasonably ensure that the community operates within those rules.
The Community Education Officer promotes the amenity, environmental value and liveability of Isaac Region through proactive community awareness campaigns on a range of matters council regulate enhancing community knowledge and understanding, influencing their values and attitudes encouraging voluntary compliance with legislative obligations. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, this position ensures that an efficient and effective service is provided and that outcomes are of a high standard, consistent with Council and community expectations.
The successful applicant will also have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning, development and delivery of education & promotional campaigns and projects to the public;
- Strong face-to-face engagement capacity and ability to deliver presentations to the public;
- Sound conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Strong customer and community focused ethos as reflected in Council’s Customer Service Charter;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a capacity to work collaboratively, solve problems and resolve conflict;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work individually and as an effective team member with a continuous improvement approach;
- Tertiary qualifications (e.g. education) and/or qualifications in Certificate IV Training & Assessment (or related discipline) and/or equivalent demonstrated experience.
For this position we offer:
- Salary $72,122.22 - $77,853.20 per annum plus allowances pro rata;
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading pro rata;
- 12% super (in accordance with policy);
- RDO’s in accordance with Council policy
For more details on this position contact the Manager Community Education during business hours, Nishu Ellawala on Tel: 4846 3585 / Email Nishu.Ellawala@isaac.qld.gov.au.
To submit your application – please forward your responses to the selection criteria (Item D ‘Key Competencies’ within the Position Description), and resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please ensure ‘64501 – Community Education Officer” is in the subject heading of your application.
Applications Close: Tuesday 25 February 2020
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers to apply. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.