Libraries, Museums, Galleries and Community and Recreation Centres - Service Interruption
Council is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 pandemic and implementing responses in accordance with Federal and State Government guidelines. It is the intent of Council to take reasonable precau
Council is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 pandemic and implementing responses in accordance with Federal and State Government guidelines. It is the intent of Council to take reasonable precaution in a reasonable manner to ensure that the potential and actual risks relating to the transmission of the COVID-19 virus are managed effectively, efficiently and transparently.
Operations to Council libraries, museums, galleries and community and recreation centres will be suspended to meet the latest Australian Government directives from close of business, Wednesday, 25 March 2020.
Operations affected include:
- All libraries (Carmila Library, Clermont Library, Dysart Library, Glenden Library, Middlemount Library,
- Moranbah Library, Nebo Library, St Lawrence Library)
- Museums (Clermont Historical Centre and Historic Nebo Museum)
- Galleries (Coalface Gallery Moranbah and Dysart Art Space)
- Community and recreation centres (Broadsound Centenary Hall, St Lawrence, Carmila Memorial Hall, Clairview Community Centre, Clarke Creek Community Centre, Clermont Civic Centre, Dysart Civic Centre, Dysart Recreation Centre, Flaggy Rock Community and Recreation Centre, Glenden Recreation Centre, Ibilbie Community Centre, Middlemount Community Hall, Moranbah Community Centre, Nebo Memorial Hall, Nebo Recreation Centre)
- Pools (all pools currently closed)
Council recognises that these steps are unfortunate and may cause some level of inconvenience, however, the decision to suspend these events indefinitely has not been taken lightly and is implemented in accordance with current Federal and State Guidelines and in the interests of the health and well-being of our residents.
Please direct all enquiries Council’s Customer Service Centre, 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227).
Council would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and thank the community for their understanding at this time.
Gary Stevenson PSM
Chief Executive Officer