Upcoming hazard reduction burns
Council advises the community that following successful hazard reduction burns on Saturday, there will be further hazard reduction burns in the coming weeks
Isaac Regional Council advises the community that following successful hazard reduction burns on Saturday, there will be further hazard reduction burns in the coming weeks, delivered in cooperation with the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services to reduce fuel load in local reserves prior to the bushfire season.
Hazard reduction burns are expected to occur behind Lambert Drive on Saturday, 23 May from 10am, with further burns likely to be conducted along Goonyella Road near the Council depot in the coming weeks.
While the timing of hazard reduction burns is determined by weather conditions, Council will endeavour to provide the community with as much notice as possible prior to a burn.
Please ensure you remove any rubbish from behind your fence to ensure a safe burn can be conducted.
See below for information about preparing your home for hazard reduction burns.
Council advises residents to prepare for possible smoke hazards and related health impacts and recommends the following steps:
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke entering homes
- Remove washing from clotheslines
- Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
- Retract pool covers to prevent ember burns
- Ensure pets have a protected area and ample water
- Be aware that snakes and grass rats may be on the move as result of the hazard reduction burns
- Residents with breathing difficulties are advised to remain indoors due to possible smoke haze.
- Residents are also asked to remove any personal assets (cars, boats, trailers, etc.) from the highlighted area on map, prior to the burn commencing.
Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further information please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227).
Gary Stevenson PSM
Chief Executive Officer