Hazard reduction burns, Dysart Bypass Road
Isaac Regional Council will be working with the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) to conduct a routine hazard reduction burn along:
Location: Dysart Bypass Road, back of Civeo camp
When: Saturday, 23 May
Approximately 8.30am, weather permitting
Hazard reduction burns are delivered in cooperation with the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services to reduce fuel load in local reserves prior to the bushfire season.
Hazard reduction activity will be subject to prevailing weather conditions. Council advises residents to prepare for possible smoke hazards and related health impacts and recommends the following steps:
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke entering homes
- Remove washing from clotheslines
- Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
- Retract pool covers to prevent ember burns
- Ensure pets have a protected area and ample water
- Be aware that snakes and grass rats may be on the move as result of the hazard reduction burns
- Residents with breathing difficulties are advised to remain indoors due to possible smoke haze.
- Residents are also asked to remove any personal assets (cars, boats, trailers, etc.) from the highlighted area on map, prior to the burn commencing.
Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further information please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227).
Gary Stevenson PSM
Chief Executive Officer