62501 - Economic & Tourism Development Advisor, Isaac Region
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build commu
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities. We’re looking for a team member that will live and breathe this vision.
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated. Now is the time to join this team!
Reporting to the Manager Economy & Prosperity, the Economic & Tourism Development Advisor is responsible for strengthening community and industry partnerships, and developing strategic projects to strengthen Isaac communities; to provide economic development business services, including research, industry, business engagement and development, grant funding alignment with Council Corporate Plan and Socio-Economic Development Framework, and identified priorities, strategies and plans.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in economic development, tourism development or regional development in a local government setting;
- Demonstrated experience and demonstrable achievement in implementing economic and regional development projects and initiatives in regional Australia;
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and manage complex projects involving multiple high-level stakeholders;
- Proven ability to implement initiatives in regional Australia;
- Demonstrated problem-solving decision-making ability and initiative to drive projects from concept and conclusion;
- A good understanding of the issues facing business in their day-to-day operation is highly regarded.
For this position we offer:
- Salary $78,631.73 - $83,917.88 per annum plus allowances;
- Nominally 72.5 hours per fortnight;
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading;
- 12% super (in accordance with policy);
- RDO’s in accordance with Council policy;
- The location of this position is Moranbah however we are willing to be flexible for the right candidate. Must still be based in the Isaac Region.
Prior to making the decision to apply, please note that accommodation is not offered for this position.
For more details on this exciting position, please contact the Economy & Prosperity Manager, Mr Shane Brandenburg, during business hours. Phone: (07) 4846 3520 or Email: Shane.Brandenburg@isaac.qld.gov.au.
To submit your application – please forward your responses to the selection criteria (Item D ‘Key Competencies’ within the Position Description), resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure ‘Economic & Tourism Development Advisor’ is in the subject heading of your application. Isaac Regional Council reserves the right to interview for this position prior to the closing date.
Applications Close: Sunday 9 August 2020
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.