Labourer (52,252.00) – Parks & Recreation – Nebo
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career an employment opportunity throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities.
An exciting opportunity exists for a permanent full time Labourer – Parks and Recreation to join our Engineering and Infrastructure directorate in Nebo.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Parks and Recreation, this position is responsible for carrying out grounds maintenance of community usage areas including sportsgrounds, parks, open spaces and cemeteries.
The position will ensure that Nebo maintains its strong attractive visual appearance, and that quality produces positive results from the Regions community, residents and visitors.
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience in basic mechanics, general maintenance and gardening
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- A sound understanding of Workplace Health and Safety
- White Card - Construction Induction
- ‘C’ Class Open Australian Drivers Licence
- Ability to pass pre-employment functional assessment and/or behavioural testing
- Relevant certification for the operation of plant and equipment, horticulture and poison operation - highly regarded
- ‘LR’ Class Drivers Licence - highly regarded
- Salary $51,636.78 – $52,672.99 per annum + allowances, including:
- Locality Allowance (Between $25.45 - $50.90 per fortnight)
- Construction Workers Allowance ($63 per 76-hour fortnight)
- Nominally 76 hours over a 9-day fortnight
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading
- 12% super in accordance with Council policy
- RDO’s in accordance with Council policy
OUR COMMITMENT TO A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued, included and accommodated. Now is the time to join the team!
Prior to making the decision to apply, please note that accommodation is not offered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click ‘Apply Here’ and follow the steps to submit your resume and cover letter. For more details on this exciting position, please contact: Wayne Christensen – Team Leader – Parks and Recreation during business hours: 0409 765 029 or; The People and Performance team: (07) 4846 3590 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday 21 June 2021
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.