81600 Manager – Planning & Projects, Moranbah
About the role:
Isaac Regional Council (IRC) is seeking a highly motivated Manager – Planning & Projects to join its Water & Waste Directorate for a five (5) year fixed term full time contract, based in Moranbah. We’re looking for a team member that will live and breathe this vision. As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated.
This role reports to the Director, Water & Waste this position is responsible for strategic water and waste infrastructure planning, development and delivery of the annual three (3), five (5) and ten (10) year capital works programs as well as identified operational projects. Additionally, the role is responsible for outcomes, achievement, safety, quality, and environmental legislative compliance and reporting.
For this position we offer:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Full private-use vehicle
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading;
- 12% super (in accordance with policy);
- 5 year Contract.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Manager, Planning & Projects who excels in meeting the challenges of a collaborative team environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related discipline are essential, or post-graduate qualifications in Project Management, Engineering, or a relevant field coupled with significant experience (5 years) in a similar role is essential.
- You will have significant experience in project management, including a strong background in risk assessment, and working with stakeholders to develop and deliver prudent and efficient outcomes to meet strategic business requirements which will compliment effective and pragmatic planning and management of projects using an industry recognised project management methodology.
- Proven working knowledge of relevant State and Local Government legislation.
- Extensive experience in the procurement and management of small and complex, medium scale contracts associated with key infrastructure projects.
- Strict adherence to capital works programs and budgets.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with the ability to resource, train, develop, merge, supervise and lead teams are essential.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively developing and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders, including all levels of local government, regulators, community, customers and elected representatives.
- Local Government management experience desirable.
- You will require a current C Class Open Australian Drivers Licence.
What it’s like to work and live in the Isaac Region:
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated. Now is the time to join this team!
The Isaac Region offers residents the ultimate in both ‘tree’ and ‘sea’-change lifestyles. The region’s towns are vibrant, friendly country communities boasting modern and convenient services with plenty to see and do. Families value the region as a great place to raise children in a safe and secure environment; one that the people from all generations flock to. It is this connectivity and community spirit which continues to contribute to the region’s quality of life.
Join our team:
For more details on this position contact the Acting Manager, Planning and Projects during business hours on 0424 621 272 or email Anthony.Earl@isaac.qld.gov.au
To submit your application – please forward your selection criteria response (Item D Key Competencies of the Position Description), resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure “81600 Manager – Planning & Projects” is in the subject heading of your application.
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Applications Close: Sunday 3 November 2019
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.