64502 - Senior Development Compliance Officer, Moranbah
64502 Senior Development Compliance Officer, Moranbah
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities.
A great opportunity has arisen at Isaac Regional Council for a full time Senior Development Compliance Officer based in Moranbah. Reporting to the Manager Community Education and Compliance, this position promotes the amenity, environmental value and liveability of Isaac Region through investigative processes that maximise compliance with planning and environment related legislation.
The purpose of the Community Education and Compliance Department is to ensure the community is aware of both the rules that apply throughout the Region and for which Council has a regulatory or enforcement function and the reasons for them, and to apply regulatory effort in line with Council Policy to operate within those rules. As a member of this multi-disciplinary team, this position ensures an efficient and effective service is provided and that the outcomes, particularly in the area of development compliance are of a high standard, consistent with Council and community expectations
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Knowledge of the Queensland planning and environment legislative framework;
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Substantial experience (Min 4 years) in undertaking investigations and determining appropriate compliance or enforcement strategies.
- Experience leading investigations of complex issues involving multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in reading and interpreting legislation, planning schemes, policies, development conditions and plans of development.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering quality customer service as a technical expert who can translating complex information to facilitate customer understanding and manage expectations.
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations or equivalent
- Tertiary qualifications in development control or related discipline;
- The role requires the possession of a current “C” Class Open Australian Drivers Licence;
For this position we offer:
- $77,853.20 - $83,087.01 per annum, plus allowances;
- Normally 72.5 hours per fortnight;
- RDO in accordance with Council Policy;
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading;
- 12% super (in accordance with policy);
For more details on this exciting position visit www.isaac.qld.gov.au or contact Nishu Ellawala, Manager Community Education & Compliance, during business hours.
Phone: (07) 4846 3585 or Email: email@example.com.
To submit your application – please forward your responses to the selection criteria (Item D ‘Key Competencies’ within the Position Description), resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure ‘64502 Senior Development Compliance Officer” is in the subject heading of your application.
Applications Close: Tuesday 19 November 2019
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.