Water Restrictions Advisory Level 2 Middlemount - Effective 18 November 2019
Isaac Regional Council in conjunction with Anglo American advises Middlemount residents that Level 2 water restrictions will come into effect from Monday, 18 November 2019.
These restrictions are due to ongoing drought conditions, current decline rate of Bundoora Dam and ongoing requirements of mine operations, residential and other commercial water users.
LEVEL 2 WATER RESTRICTIONS
For residential users
- No watering on any day between 9am and 5pm
- Watering permitted 5am to 9am and 5pm to 9pm on watering days (as below) using a:
- Hand-held hose
- Automated Irrigation System (garden beds only, no grassed areas)
- Odd numbered houses water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Even numbered houses water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Properties without a street number on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Visit https://www.isaac.qld.gov.au/water-restrictions for more information.
No watering between 9am and 5pm when connected to the potable reticulation network and using potable water.
- Top up of pools, ponds and spas only – no filling
- No topping up of tanks/dams unless for firefighting purposes.
Mobile water tankers, other than tankers directly used for firefighting purposes, must not be filled with water from the water supply system except by way of exemption from Isaac Regional Council. Filling must occur via a metered standpipe only used on designated watering days in the specific time period as per residential use. Applications for an exemption must describe use and volumes required. Exemption approval will be based on social, health, environmental or economic considerations. No water to be used for dust suppression. If you require further information please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227)
Gary Stevenson PSM
Chief Executive Officer