55500 - Coordinator Infrastructure East
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities.
About the opportunity:
An exciting opportunity exists for a permanent full time Coordinator Infrastructure East to join Isaac Regional Council’s Engineering and Infrastructure Directorate, based in our township of Nebo. Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure Parks & Recreation, this position is responsible for contract and project management services to roads & drainage operational and capital programs and the direction, leadership and delivery of transport network activities.
The successful applicant will enjoy:
- A five (5) year fixed-term full-time contract;
- An attractive remuneration package, inclusive of accommodation and motor vehicle;
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading;
- 12% super (in accordance with policy);
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or other significant demonstrated successful experience in a similar role;
- Minimum of seven (7) years demonstrated Senior Management experience of infrastructure teams, preferably including providing leadership and management of branch functions and activities in Local Government;
- Demonstrated knowledge of roads & drainage, operational and capital programs, transport network activities, assets and infrastructure;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic leadership, strategy and policy development, establishment of performance standards, monitoring and performance reporting;
- Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland certification desirable;
- White Card (Construction Industry);
- Queensland ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
What it’s like to work and live in the Isaac Region:
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated. Now is the time to join this team!
The Isaac Region offers residents the ultimate in both ‘tree’ and ‘sea’-change lifestyles. The region’s towns are vibrant, friendly country communities boasting modern and convenient services with plenty to see and do. Families value the region as a great place to raise children in a safe and secure environment; one that the people from all generations flock to. It is this connectivity and community spirit which continues to contribute to the region’s quality of life.
How to apply
To submit your application, please forward your responses to the selection criteria (Item D ‘Key Competencies’ within the Position Description), resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure ‘55500 Coordinator Infrastructure East’ is in the subject heading of your application.
For more details on this position contact the Manager Infrastructure Parks & Recreation during business hours: Glenn Spires: 0437 339 475 or email email@example.com
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Applications Close: Sunday 24 November 2019
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.