56221 - Apprentice Civil Construction Plant Operations, Clermont
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Apprentice Civil Construction Plant Operations based in Clermont. This opportunity combines both hands on experience and the completion of a nationally recognised qualification. This full-time fixed term three (3) year position is an initiative of Isaac Regional Council which supports long term learning and development opportunities in the region.
The focus of this position is to:
- Successfully complete a Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations with an accredited training provider within the term of employment;
- Learn and develop civil construction and plant operations skills, and to use these skills to provide quality maintenance and construction support to the Infrastructure department;
- Provide assistance with various infrastructure construction and maintenance crews across the Isaac region;
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of vehicles, plant and equipment for Roads and Urban Services across Isaac Regional Council.
For this position we offer:
- Normally 76 hours per fortnight;
- RDO in accordance with Council Policy;
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading;
- 12% super in accordance with Council Policy.
The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in civil construction, discipline, the ability to adapt and work in multi-disciplinary teams, strong written and verbal communication skills, initiative and the ability to complete duties to a high standard. A current P1 Provisional QLD Driver’s Licence would be highly regarded, and the ability to obtain a Construction White Card is essential.
Please note, this role would require the successful applicant to be available to camp out at our mobile worksites 3 nights per week, camp allowance of $55.00 per night will be awarded.
For more details on this exciting position contact People & Performance Officer, Demi Portegys, during business hour on 07 4846 3568 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your application – please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please ensure ‘56221 Apprentice Civil Construction Plant Operations’ is in the subject heading of your application.
Applications Close: Monday 16 December 2019
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.