Moranbah Wastewater Mains - Manhole Location, Excavation, Cleaning and CCTV
Moranbah residents are advised Isaac Regional Council will continue to locate and excavate the concrete wastewater manhole covers situated in some residents’ yards. Following this locating phase, Council will be undertaking wastewater mains cleaning and Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) inspection throughout the township as part of its commitment to improve wastewater removal service quality and delivery.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- Council has engaged contractor Relining Solutions to undertake the location and exposure of the wastewater manholes and specialised cleaning of wastewater mains in Moranbah and conduct CCTV inspection of all wastewater mains in the township.
- The Relining Solutions teams will require entry to some residences yards to conduct these works.
- Only some residences will be affected, as such prior to entry, a formal notice will be issued by Council’s liaison officer 2 days prior to requiring access to an individual property.
- The Relining Solutions cleaning process involves cleaning wastewater mains using steam cleaning technology. Once the mains are clean, a CCTV camera will be used to conduct inspections of all wastewater mains.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
To minimise disruption to households these works will be undertaken:
14 January 2020 to 11 March 2020
Between 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Works in open spaces and public areas may be conducted over the weekends.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Council will be working closely with our contractors to minimise any impacts of this work on your daily routine.
- As part of the line cleaning process prior to relining, there is a possibility that there may be some water escape from the bowl of your toilet associated with water pressure. It is advised that a 5kg to 10kg weight be placed on top of your toilet lid to minimise any affects.
- A hand delivered notice of when your street will be done will be issued 2 days prior to any cleaning activity this will also include advice if any vehicle access to your property may be required.
- Once relining is undertaken your inspection opening at the property boundary will be replaced.
- To ensure the safety of motorists and pedestrians, appropriate signage will be in place, where necessary.
REPORT A PROBLEM
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding as this important work is carried out to maintain the quality of your wastewater removal and treatment network.
If there are any concerns call Council’s Customer Service Centre available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227) so that it can be investigated and resolved.
Gary Stevenson PSM
Chief Executive Officer