41021 - Senior Accountant (Budgets & Statutory Reporting), Isaac Region
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities. We’re looking for a team member that will live and breathe this vision. As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated.
An exciting opportunity exists for a permanent full time Senior Accountant Budgets & Statutory Reporting to join our Corporate, Governance and Financial Services Directorate in the Isaac Region.
Reporting to the Manager Budgets & Statutory Reporting this position provides assistance and is responsible for preparation, management and reporting for Annual and Long-Term Budgets, preparation of statutory reports and maintenance of financial systems integrity across Isaac Regional Council.
The successful candidate will have tertiary qualifications in accounting and/or business and demonstrated experience (3+ years) in a similar position with a high level of experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Duties in this role:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with legislation;
- Assist in the annual operational and capital budgeting process for adoption by Council;
- Assist in the development of the long term financial forecast;
- Development and maintenance of ledger integrity (chart of accounts) and the running of the finance systems;
- Ensure compliance with statutory and management reporting obligations;
- Undertake and manage Financial Services based complex projects;
For this position we offer:
- Salary $83,087.01 to $98,405.20 per annum
- Nominally 72.5 hours per fortnight
- RDO in accordance with Council Policy
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading pro rata
- 12% super (in accordance with policy)
For more details on this exciting position contact the Manager Budgets & Statutory Reporting during business hours: Susan Martin: (07) 4846 3561 or email email@example.com
To submit your application – please forward your selection criteria response (Item D Key Competencies of the Position Description), resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure ‘41201 Senior Accountant Budgets & Statutory Reporting’ is in the subject heading of your application.
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Applications Close: Tuesday 28 January 2020
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.