Superseded Planning Schemes
APPLYING FOR ASSESSMENT UNDER SUPERSEDED PLANNING SCHEMES
The Planning Act 2016 allows a request to be made to Council to have a development proposal assessed under the provisions of the relevant superseded planning scheme following the commencement of the Isaac Regional Planning Scheme on 1 April 2021 for a period of 1 year.
There are 3 Superseded Planning Schemes:
It is recommended that any person considering making such a request arrange for a pre-lodgement meeting with the Planning Team.
A written request by way of the Application Form is to be made to IRC requesting to accept, assess and decide a development application under a superseded planning scheme or to apply a superseded planning scheme for development that was previously accepted development under the superseded planning scheme.
- In determining whether or not to agree to a superseded planning scheme request, Council may consider a range of factors. View the fact sheet Superseded Planning Scheme that has been prepared by the State Government.
- There is a fee for this request as per the Fees & Charges Schedule
- Once a request has been made, Council must decide whether or not to agree to the request within 30 business days.
- A Decision Notice will be issued from Council notifying of Council’s decision.
- If the Decision Notice approves the request a planning approval may or may not be required depending on the development proposal and whether it required planning approval under a superseded planning scheme.
- The currency period and the approval is for six years from the date of the Decision Notice to commence the use.