Administrative Access to Information
The Administrative Access to Information Scheme allows access to routine information through a streamlined process. It is an easier and quicker process than the formal Right to Information or Information Privacy application process.
Follow this link to download a copy of the Isaac Regional Council Administrative Access Scheme Fact Sheet (PDF, 44KB).
Anyone can apply for information however there is no guarantee that access will be given. In most cases, the Administrative Access Scheme is used by applicants who require access to their own personal information.
Information that may be accessed
Any information, as long as it is not exempt, may be accessed under the scheme. In some cases, Isaac Regional Council may blank out some information before providing it to protect people's privacy or to protect confidential information. Documents that you may be able to access include:
- Those provided to us by you (e.g. correspondence, forms, etc)
- Those provided to you by us (e.g. correspondence, notices etc)
- Those that are publicly available; and
- Those that we would normally make available (provision under legislation)
Applications for other documents will be considered on a case by case basis and will be determined in accordance with the availability, nature and sensitivity of the documents.
Through this website Council also makes available a variety of information that can be located and accessed by using the search tool located in the top right corner) including:
- Community events
- Media releases/public notices
- Region maps
- Social and economic data
- Tenders and awarded contracts
- Publicly notified development applications
- Proposed Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP)
- Facilities and Works projects
- Community grants
- Roads Register
Purchased information is also made available to the public for a fee. These documents are listed in Council’s Schedule of Fees and Charges (PDF, 582KB) and include:
- Property searches
- Building searches
- Rates searches
- Health and environment searches
- Printed copies of:
- local laws
- corporate and operational plans,
- annual report financial statements and budget
- community planner
Information that is exempt under this scheme includes:
- Information that is prohibited from release under law
- Information that would be a breach of the privacy principles
- Information that compromises government or private interests
- Information that would constitute a breach of statutory provisions
- Information that would constitute a breach of contractual terms
- Information that is exempt under the RTI and IP Acts
- Information that would be a breach of copyright laws or intellectual property
There are no application fees or other charges associated with submitting an application for an administrative release of information. Council reserves the right to levy applications for the costs associated with reproducing or accessing records.
Fees for other routinely available documents are listed in Council’s Schedule of Fees and Charges.
For Administrative Access to information please contact Isaac Regional Council by the following methods:
Phone: 1300 ISAACS (1300 47 22 27)
The Chief Executive Officer
Isaac Regional Council
PO Box 97
MORANBAH QLD 4744
Fax: (07) 4941 8666
or visit your nearest Council office, open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.