The use of external independent contractors is integral to the delivery of services by Isaac Regional Council to the community.
Council’s contractor management system assists with ensuring all activities undertaken by Council and its contractors are undertaken in a safe manner without causing risk to Council’s infrastructure, assets, employees, contractors or community.
When working for Council, as the contractor you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of yourself and your workers whilst on site, further abiding by your obligations under Work Health and Safety Act and Regulation 2011.
- Once engaged, Council requires all contractors to complete a Contractor Pre-Qualification Declaration(PDF, 226KB). The completed form must be submitted to Council together with the applicable supporting documents.
- The contractor will then be set up in Council’s contractor management system and the Contractor Representative will receive a confirmation email including a username and password, as well as the Contractors and Subcontractors Doing Business with Council Information Pack(PDF, 334KB).
- The Contractor Representative will have access and responsibility to upload insurances/accreditations/documents and create worker profiles. It is recommended that, where possible, a generic email address is used, and the individual nominated a Contractor Representative has the ability to undertake these responsibilities.
- The Contractor Representative must create profiles for all workers so online inductions can be completed. At the end of the induction, the worker must print and sign the induction card and always carry the card with them when attending Council sites.
- If the contractor is the principal (contractor maintains site control and management of the project), only the site supervisor/project manager is to complete the online induction. Again, the induction card must be printed, signed and always carried with them when attending Council sites.
Contractor Management System Resources
Access to Contractor Management System
Setting Up Access for Contractor Workers(PDF, 207KB)
Uploading Documents(PDF, 242KB)
Adding Records to Workers' Profiles(PDF, 111KB)
Checking and Maintaining Workers’ Profiles(PDF, 236KB)
Access for Online Induction