St Lawrence is about 155km south of Mackay, 177km north of Rockhampton and 6km east of the Bruce Highway.
The St Lawrence Wetlands, freshwater fish habitats and abundant bird life are the major attractions for many visitors and locals to the area.
The town was originally built to service the customs office for the Port of St Lawrence.
One historical building still remaining from this time is the Council office on Macartney Street.
The remains of the port and abattoir constructed using convict labour are also accessible.
The courthouse and police station were built in 1879 and has been repainted in its original colour scheme.
The Centenary Pavilion located at the sports ground (next to the tennis courts) was constructed to celebrate the shire's Centenary in 1979 with the collection of past machinery and relics. The pavilion is open 24 hours a day for viewing.
The recreation grounds on the outskirts of town provide year-round camping facilities and amenities for travellers and is available for hire for functions.
Overnight camping at St Lawrence is charged at $14 per night for a maximum stay of 14 consecutive nights.
Payment can be made via the following options:
Please be advised it is recommended travellers fill their vans prior to arrival at St Lawrence, as currently there is no potable water available for filling caravans.
Water available for drinking, showering and cooking.
1300 ISAACS (1300 472 227)